Why should I use a realtor?
Please see all questions above. Joking aside, buying a home can be complicated. We’ve only scratched the surface with these frequently asked questions. That’s why we take seriously our commitment to simplifying not just the home search, but the entire home buying process. But for those of you who like lists, here’s our top 10 reasons to use a realtor:
- Realtors know their MLS from their CMA, their PCF from their FMR. It’s a jungle of acronyms out there. Your realtor knows how to tame them all.
- Realtors know how to market. From search engine optimization to 3-D video tours, realtors know how to use the latest technology to engage the most valuable prospects.
- Realtors know people who know people. They might not be able to score your front row tickets, but they can connect you with all the important people you need to know, like loan officers, inspectors, appraisers and more.
- Realtors know the neighborhoods. Whether you’re looking for a place with a fast commute or a home in a great school district, your realtor knows which neighborhoods will fit your wish list and your pocket book.
- Realtors understand the mortgage process. Will you need to complete a 1003 Form? Should you buy discount points? And what the heck is a balloon mortgage? Take a deep breath and remember, your realtor does this for a living. They’ll be by your side helping navigate the process from loan approval to closing papers.
- Realtors know what’s a good price. They’ve spent the time in the trenches. They know the market, the inventory and the pool of potential buyers. They can help you get the best home at the best price.
- Realtors know how to negotiate. Because not everyone may agree on what the best price is, realtors are skilled at using negotiation tools like contingencies, allowances and other incentives to keep the deal alive and get you into the house you want.
- Realtors know when you need a hug. Somewhere along the way you’ll likely feel like your realtor is part business guru, cheerleader and therapist all in one. Buying a house can be an emotional roller coaster. It’s your realtor’s job to help you keep all loose items secured and inside the ride at all times. And if you’re not the huggy type, they’re great at texting emojis too.
- Realtors are your second set of eyes at closing. Nothing is quite as exciting as signing on the dotted line and being handed the keys to your new home. But in all the excitement, you want to make sure you know what you’re signing. Having your realtor by your side at closing is great for moral support, explaining terminology, and they always have an extra pen.
- Realtors are FREE to the buyer. Sounds crazy. You get the therapist, the cheerleader, the business pro – for free? Well . . . yes. Realtors get paid by the home seller, not the home buyer. So, unless you just really like studying mortgage documents, real estate terminology, neighborhood zoning papers . . . well, you get the idea. Finding a trusted realtor is the first step to getting your new home.